Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

WoW The Cure for Dreaming by Cat Winters

Hosted by Breaking the Spine
___________________



Add to Goodreads

Title: The Cure for Dreaming
Author: Cat Winters
Publisher: Amulet
Release Date: October 14, 2014
Olivia Mead is a headstrong, independent girl—a suffragist—in an age that prefers its girls to be docile. It’s 1900 in Oregon, and Olivia’s father, concerned that she’s headed for trouble, convinces a stage mesmerist to try to hypnotize the rebellion out of her. But the hypnotist, an intriguing young man named Henri Reverie, gives her a terrible gift instead: she’s able to see people’s true natures, manifesting as visions of darkness and goodness, while also unable to speak her true thoughts out loud. These supernatural challenges only make Olivia more determined to speak her mind, and so she’s drawn into a dangerous relationship with the hypnotist and his mysterious motives, all while secretly fighting for the rights of women. Winters breathes new life into history once again with an atmospheric, vividly real story, including archival photos and art from the period throughout.
________________________
Reasons I'm anxiously awaiting this one:

1. Suffragists! I'm slightly obsessed with women's history, especially those kick ass early feminists.

2. Hypnotists! I once saw a hypnotism show and I've been intrigued by it ever since.

3. I've heard such great things about Cat Winters' writing from my blogging bff, Sabrina. She's has fantastic taste!


What are you waiting on this week?! Let me know in the comments!

11 comments:

  1. Can't say I've heard about this one before, so thank you for introducing me! Hypnotists - how interesting!

    Check out my WOW post this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this one sounds really different! It's very intriguing. Plus, it's set in my state, which makes me want to read it even more! Thank you for sharing. :) This one has officially gone onto my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! Seriously, I'll read anything by Cat Winters after In the Shadow of Blackbirds. LOVED it. October though. :(

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing this around a lot of blogs lately! It sounds really interesting and I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right!? I'm especially excited that there is "archival photos and art from the period thoughout" the novel - so more like the cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep hearing that IN THE SHADOW OF BLACKBIRDS is fabulous. I need to get my hands on a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so know what you mean, Kaitlin - I love when books are set in my state. I often feel like I understand the characters better... or like I have a special insight into the events and setting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! So glad to introduce you to a new title! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover is what caught my eye too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very excited about this one because I loved her first book so much!
    Great pick!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!