Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Top Ten Books on My Summer TBR Pile

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
_____________________________

Sweetly by Jackson Pearce
I really loved Sisters Red, so I bought a copy of Sweetly as soon as it released... but I haven't found time to read it. I've heard such good things about it though, so I NEED to make time.


Starters by Lissa Price
I need to just sit down and read this because I'm pretty sure I'll love it, but the cover has never appealed to me all that much, so I keep passing it by for prettier things. Which is not cool, not cool at all.


Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
I am so behind when it comes to Clare's novels! I've yet to read Clockwork Prince, even though I adored the first book... and I'm two books behind in the Mortal Instruments series as well!

The Unwanteds by Lisa McMann
I listened to part of this on audio, but then never picked it back up... It was hilarious, so I much finish it!

Looking for Alaska by John Green
I really need to read this simply because I feel like it's a YA must read. I've read Paper Towns and I watch Green's vlogs all the time, but I still need to read this. It's happening this summer.

Bloody Jack by L.A. Meyer
My friend Kristen loves these books, so I've been meaning to read them forever. I bought the first one over a year ago, but still haven't read it!

The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta
Marchetta's Jellicoe Road is my favorite book, but I still haven't found time to read this one.

Such A Rush by Jennifer Echols
I read all of Echols' books... it's like a tradition. :)


Insurgent by Veronica Roth
I need to reread Divergent before I read this one, which is why I haven't even though it's been out for awhile, but I'm SO EXCITED FOR IT.


The Book Thief by Markus Zuszak
This is another must read that I've failed to pick up. But I own it, so it's on the list for this summer! :)





7 comments:

  1. Looks like you've got a great summer ahead of you! Veronica Roth, John Green, Cassandra Clare - amazing authors! And I'm actually listening to The Book Thief on audio right now and I'm really liking it so far!
    If you want to see my TTT, you can find it here:
    http://booksmartie.blogspot.de/2012/06/top-ten-tuesday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. *lowers voice*

    Great list! I thought Looking for Alaska was a beautiful book, and enjoyed Divergent even though I'm not much of a dystopia fan.

    Really need to read The Book Thief myself....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the both series by Cassandra Clare. I didn't expect to love The Infernal Devices as much as I have but Clockwork Prince was really good! Divergent is definitely a must reread before Insurgent. It will be so worth it though! I hope you enjoy your summer reading! :)
    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read The Book Thief first!!!! It's one of those books that I wish I could read again for the first time. But looks like you have seriously great Summer reads all around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Book Thief is a great book I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your summer reading list is great -- lots of different books that are wonderful for different reasons. Personally I am head over heels in love with The Book Thief and it is one that I am willing to read over and over again. I hope you end up loving it just as much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking for Alaska is one of my favorite books of all time! It was the second book by Green I read after The Fault in our Stars. I think you will love it! I also am sure you will love Insurgent. So great!

    The Book Thief is also in my TBR pile this summer. Can't wait to get into it!

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!