Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Monday, December 27, 2010

Cover of the Week (28)

Cover of the Week is a weekly feature at The Hiding Spot, in which I share a cover that gives me that swoony feeling.



Away by Teri Hall
Dial BFYR/9.15.2011
Description (from GoodReads):
Rachel’s adventure continues when she Crosses into the mysterious territory known as Away.


Oh my goodness! The colors on this sequel to Teri Hall's THE LINE are so gorgeous together! Plus, it's definitely going to look good on your shelf next to the first installment...


Description (from GoodReads):
An invisible, uncrossable physical barrier encloses the Unified States. The Line is the part of the border that lopped off part of the country, dooming the inhabitants to an unknown fate when the enemy used a banned weapon. It's said that bizarre creatures and superhumans live on the other side, in Away. Nobody except tough old Ms. Moore would ever live next to the Line.
Nobody but Rachel and her mother, who went to live there after Rachel's dad died in the last war. It's a safe, quiet life. Until Rachel finds a mysterious recorded message that can only have come from Away. The voice is asking for help.
Who sent the message? Why is her mother so protective? And to what lengths is Rachel willing to go in order to do what she thinks is right?


9 comments:

  1. I always liked the mysterious cover of THE LINE and AWAY seems to be following up quite nicely. The colors really pop out, and you're right, it will look good next to THE LINE on my shelf. :)

    Jennifer (An Abundance of Books)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Love it! Love it!!!!!! Cannot wait for this one to come out and neither can my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous cover! The story idea also sounds really cool, I will definitely be checking out these books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Away's cover is so much lighter than The Line's that I wouldn't assume they were in the same series unless I really looked at the title. But they're both gorgeous and I loved The Line, and I can't wait for Away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a brilliant cover, and I agree with you about the colours. I should probably read The Line soon.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blue, and the cracked glass as well - a very gorgeous cover. I haven't read The Line yet but I will definitely be adding it to my wishlist :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed The Line so I can't wait for this one. I like the cover for The Line better, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so need to get a copy of The Line. I love this second cover!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both covers, but this one is really awesome. :) The Line was good, but I have a feeling Away is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!