Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (25)

WoW is hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine!

Grace by Elizabeth Scott
Dutton, 9/16/2010
A fable of a terrifying near future by critically acclaimed author Elizabeth Scott.

Grace was raised to be an Angel, a herald of death by suicide bomb. But she refuses to die for the cause, and now Grace is on the run, daring to dream of freedom. In search of a border she may never reach, she travels among malevolent soldiers on a decrepit train crawling through the desert. Accompanied by the mysterious Kerr, Grace struggles to be invisible, but the fear of discovery looms large as she recalls the history and events that delivered her uncertain fate.
Told in spare, powerful prose, this tale of a dystopian near future will haunt readers long after they've reached the final page.

I'm not sure there are words to describe my excitement about this book. Scott's books never fail to impress me AND I absolutely love dystopian novels. Could there possibly be a better combination? I think not!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This one sounds absolutely amazing! Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited for this one too! It sounds incredible, :)

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!