Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Strawberry Picking!


Today I went out and picked strawberries at 5:30 in the morning. It has been raining like crazy where I live in Michigan, so we got lucky when it wasn't raining today. But it was still super cold. My sister and I picked 64 quarts in 2 hours, which is a pretty good pace. We are going out again tomorrow and probably the next day too. And possibly Saturday. So, with any luck, I won't be able to walk by the end of the week. :s

It's totally worth it because we will be able to make lots of strawberry noodles (strawberries, sugar, and noodles mixed together (so the juice is soaked up by the noodles)). Its the best!!

What is everyone elses favorite strawberry dish?

Sara

2 comments:

  1. I know this one salad recipe, you just take steamed sugar snap peas, I think they're called, or sugar peas, and the chopped up strawberries, and then a strawberry or raspberry dressing. I haven't tried it, but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really sure I'm brave enough to try peas with strawberries. :s I'm kind of a wuss when it comes to trying new things.

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!