Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Monday, March 23, 2009

Review: Moonlight (A Dark Guardian Novel) by Rachel Hawthorne


From back cover:
"I see him and know what this turmoil inside of me means: He's the one. My forever.
Kayla is a nature lover, the all-American beauty who can't understand why she's so drawn to distant, brooding Lucas. Adopted as a young child, she has no way of knowing that she's inherited a terrifying - and thrilling - gene that will change her life forever.
Lucas is dangerous, gorgeous... and a werewolf. As leader of the Dark Guardians, shape-shifters who gather deep within the state park, he has sworn to protect his pack. But when Lucas finds his true soul mate, his love could put them all in harm's way.
As Lucas and Kayla struggle with their feelings for each other, a greater danger lurks: Humans have discovered the Dark Guardians and are planning their destruction. Kayla must choose between the life she knows and the love she feels certain is her destiny."

I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised by this book. The only other book I'd read by Hawthorne was How To Catch a Pirate written under the name Jade Parker (which I liked as well) and I hadn't thought her books looked that interesting. I think, after reading Moonlight, that I'll give them a try though. Moonlight is the first book in Hawthorne's Dark Guardians series which tells the stories of couples within a group of teenagers who are Dark Guardians, or protectors of a werewolf pack. Moonlight was a good introduction to the series, introducing the reader to many different aspects of the lives of the teenagers and leaving lots of options for expansion. At first I wasn't sure how I felt about Lucas, let alone of Lucas and Kayla as a couple, but as the story went on I became more comfortable with them as characters. The only downside is that the book was only 263 pages and seemed a bit rushed. I'm hoping that the next books will be a bit longer so that everything is so packed together. 9 out of 10 stars!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!