Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Friday, June 15, 2007

Review: Bloom by Elizabeth Scott


"Lauren has a good life: decent grades, great friends, and a boyfriend every girl drools over. So why is she so unhappy? It takes the arrival of Evan Kirkland in class for Lauren to figure out the answer: She's been holding back. She's been denying herslef a bunch of things - like sex - because staying with her ever-conservative, yet ever-loyal (and did we mention gorgeous?) boyfriend, Dave is the "right" thing. Lauren doesn't want to end up like her mother, though, who indulged her desire for risk and adventure and ran away when Lauren was a mere tot. But as Dave starts talking more and more about their life together through college and even beyond, all perfectly perfect - and as Lauren's craving for Evan and, moreover, who she is with Evan becomes all the more fierce - Lauren realizes what she needs to do. She needs to let go, and take the ride."

I loved, loved, loved this book! I could relate to the characters easily and could even envision them as people I knew. Lauren was a loveable heroine... and she made the right choice (eventually!).

2 comments:

  1. This was a great book! I can't wait for Elizabeth Scott's newest book, Stealing Heaven. It sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this one. I have it sitting on my bookshelf... but I have about ten books to read before it that are due back to the library first. :[ But it looks really good. :D

    je t'aime.
    hope.

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!